Company Info Same Day Job Offers - $15 per hour
Are you a fun person? Do you enjoy encouraging others to be active? A Residential Counselor position at BAMSI may be the perfect job for you! We are looking for compassionate and energetic people to help disabled individuals with activities and community outings.
You will be a member of a small team working in a home supporting up to five individuals with disabilities. You’ll assist individuals with activities of daily living, promoting friendship and becoming part of their communities.
It is a perfect job for energetic and social people! Come join our BAMSI team! Description
Schedule : Thu-Sun 9a-3p
Essential Functions : To assist disabled and / or brain injured adults living in supervised residential settings in order to ensure their safety and well-
being in a manner that promotes growth, independence and dignity.
Responsibilities : Direct Care
1. Assist individuals to complete personal care tasks, which include, but are not limited to : toileting, showering / bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, assisting with mobility, repositioning, dressing, and range of motion exercises.
2. Support individuals in the completion of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) tasks, which include but are not limited to : cooking, cleaning, general maintenance, shopping and money management.
3. Utilize Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) practices, to create a thoughtful and supportive environment by ensuring activities, plans, and routines reflect the preferences, needs and goals of individuals.
4. Follow the Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Medication Administration Program (MAP) policies, which include, but are not limited to : training requirements, medication administration, medication security, and corresponding documentation.,
5. Ensure individuals’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet. Assist with feeding as necessary.
6. Use supportive and adaptive, health-related protections / equipment as prescribed. Clean equipment as directed.
7. Learn and utilize communication tools which include but are not limited to email, tablets, letter boards, etc.) taking into consideration the method most suited to individual needs.
8. Assist individuals with planning and implementing community based activities and group activities within the home.
9. Create opportunities to teach and support financial and safety skills. Encourage skill building to promote increased independence.
10. Assist in the development and implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISP’s) including implementation of behavioral plans and medication treatment plans.
11. Assist individuals with maintaining the cleanliness and neatness of indoor and outdoor areas.
12. Transport individuals served to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required. maintains a valid driver’s license in primary state of residence and follows the requirements of BAMSI Safe Driver Policy PE-48-12.
13. Using approved techniques and only as necessary, restrains individuals to prevent injury to themselves and others.. Communication, Documentation & Teamwork
14. Follow funder and agency protocol for reporting alleged abuse and / or neglect.
15. Record data by the conclusion of each shift. Documentation requirements include, but are not limited to : financial audits, medication records, ISP data, behavior data, and behavior tracking.
16. Facilitate and document fire drills as instructed by the Program Manager or designee, and the program’s Safety Plan.
17. Fulfill case management responsibilities as assigned by program manager, including those related to medical and legal concerns.
18. Ensure client safety and compliance with program standards for staff coverage, including assistance to the Administrator-
On-Call whenever possible.
19. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
20. Communicate in a professional and respectful manner.
21. Work in other residential programs when needed. May work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
22. Assist with training employees new to the program.
23. Treat all individuals, employees, and visitors with respect and dignity.
24. Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings.
25. Follow funder regulations and adhere to all BAMSI policies.
26. Understand and utilize universal / standard precautions and instruction on how to stay safe in areas that constitute risk.
27. Complete all other duties as requested.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)