Purpose of Position
The Psychiatrist - Child, Adolescent and Youth Mental Health Services will clinically lead staff providing patient care and foster standards of clinical excellence in the development and delivery of services in the Western NSW LHD.
The incumbent will supervise clinical care provided by mental health clinicians, psychiatry registrars, and other junior medical officers as appropriate, and will participate in teaching of medical students and other trainees as required.
The incumbent will provide direct clinical care, and this may encompass patients from the community and / or hospital units.
Clinical care may include but is not limited to, patient consultation, review of referrals to guide disposition decisions, periodic case review, discharge review, second opinions, and oversight of clinical decision making.
Classification for this position will be dependent on qualifications.
Applications for this position will be received via eCredential ONLY. To apply please click this link :
https : / / myclinicalprofile.com.au / OpenPositionLogin.aspx?UniqueId 9b7e69ad-7295-4fdd-9f4d-ed2c679a0940
Follow the Registration / Login process, Create / Update your Clinician Profile and complete the Application and Selection Criteria questions.
If you experience difficulties applying, please first refer to the User Guide attached to this advertisement. Alternatively you can contact the Coordinator Medical Recruitment on 0427 010 876.
Please Note : Paper-based applications will not be accepted. Please submit via eCredential.
experience and competence in psychiatric practice within the practice areas of this position, including experience in inpatient and forensic psychiatry.
2) Evidence of being a good communicator, including having appropriate skills in verbal and written communication and the use of computer and telemedicine technology.
3) Evidence of being a collaborator in working with patients, families, multidisciplinary teams, medical colleagues, other health professionals, and relevant government and non-government agencies.
able to work within clinical governance structures and participate in efforts for clinical quality improvement.
5) Evidence of being an advocate for patients, families and carers, and of applying the principles of illness prevention and health promotion in your work.
6) Evidence of being a scholar, including commitment to continuing medical education and professional development, being a mentor to junior colleagues, and educating other health professionals, students, patients and their families.
7) Evidence of being a professional, including adhering to ethical conduct and practice, complying with relevant policies and guidelines, and behaving at all times with integrity, honesty, compassion and respect for others.
8) Licence to drive in NSW and ability to drive occasionally for work purposes.