Based in the Central West of New South Wales, the Field Research Technician supports the research staff to organise and execute activities for production animal field trials. Additional duties relating to management of the research facility, such as routine animal husbandry and basic maintenance activities, may also be included.
Reporting to the Production Animal Research Manager, the role will focus on:
- Assisting with pre-visit study preparations (e.g. preparation of study materials, livestock equipment, research documentation and consumables).
- Handling and management of livestock (e.g. sheep and cattle) at trial sites.
- Assisting with study-specific procedures (e.g. animal examinations, study assessments and observations).
- Assisting with data capture and completion of study documentation (e.g. recording study observation data, data tabulation, data verification and completion of study-specific records).
As an important role within Eurofins Animal Health Australia, the following selection criteria are essential for success:
- Experience with handling and husbandry of livestock (sheep and cattle).
- Experience in livestock research/industry, biological sciences or veterinary practice.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal, Agricultural or Life Sciences) are preferred, but not essential.
- Must be located within the Central West of NSW (e.g. Bathurst or Orange).
- A current NSW driver’s licence (or equivalent) is required.
The following skills are considered necessary to excel in this position:
- Competence to operate in a variety of rural research environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- This is a casual position; work hours and location will vary based upon field trial activities.
- This position is only open to candidates that currently have working rights in Australia/New Zealand.
- Please note: Current Eurofins employees should first speak with their Business Unit Manager before submitting an application for this position.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so if you believe you are ready for this exciting, challenging and rewarding position please apply as soon as possible by submitting your resume and a cover letter that outlines your interest and suitability for the position.