We are on an exciting journey to be the best online marketplace for higher education and currently have an opportunity for a Senior Developer to help us continue improving the experiences of our students and university partners. You will work in cross-functional teams to develop solutions on a platform covering Java, Node.js, React, AWS, .NET, Sitecore CMS, and other open source web technologies and frameworks.
We strive to build a great engineering culture and believe in the following traits:
- You play well with others – collaborative, respectful, transparent and self-motivated. You take ownership in seeking and providing constructive feedback.
- You are biased towards action – focus on getting the right things done and choosing forgiveness over permission.
- You have a growth mindset – naturally curious about how our systems work, turn failures into learnings and strive for continuous improvement
- You seek technical excellence – constantly levelling up your game and having the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects.
- You exhibit leadership skills at all levels - coaching and mentoring others - regardless of your official title.
- You love sharing knowledge – constantly looking for opportunities to present on topics close to your heart and encouraging others to do the same.
- Experience in web architecture patterns and conventions, for example micro services, API design, contract testing, containerisation, test automation and serverless architecture.
- Experience in modern software development techniques such as test driven development, refactoring, deployment automation, DevOps and CI/CD.
- Familiar with cloud computing services (AWS) and associated technologies
As a non-for profit OUA is truely purpose and value driven. We believe that access to education can transform the lives of people, their families and the communities they live in. Our values drive our behaviours and are core to how we operate at OUA:
- Act for customers
- Continuously Improve
- Care for each other
As a Senior Developer, you will part of a cross functional product development team that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining OUA’s web based systems in a collaborative team environment. You will collaborate with members of your product development team to understand requirements and develop solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will liaise with the Engineering Leads to ensure that solutions are in line with OUA’s technical vision.