Schedule : Sun, Mon, Thurs and Fri 3p-11p
Join BAMSIs growing workforce of dedicated community nurses delivering compassionate care!
When you join BAMSI’s Nursing team, you join a group of dedicated care givers, both RN’s and LPN’s, who enjoy making lives better through hands on, personalized direct care with a disabled / brain injured population that challenges critical thinking, analytical abilities and support for wellness.
Nurses at BAMSI are in a unique position to provide care for individuals served in their home, in the community and with their friends.
Come see the difference that continuity of care, a home environment, and individualized, engaging care can have on an individual’s quality of life! You will be working with a team of nurses that will provide training and support.
BAMSI provides free CEU's through Medcom, education through conferences and trainings, weekend differentials and competitive pay! Our homes for adults with disabilities house 3-
8 individuals each providing opportunity to build relationship with those that you care for and their families
BAMSI is a 1900+ employee health and human services organization with locations across Eastern Massachusetts. We offer generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid trainings in a supportive environment that offers growth opportunities! Health and Dental Insurance is available for employees working 30+ hours.
Must possess a Massachusetts license as a nurse with experience working with disabled population. A valid driver's license in state of residence and have a satisfactory driving record.
Must be currently certified in CPR.
Weekend shifts worked are paid at a $2 differential equaling $26 / hr. Shifts worked on weekdays or shifts that are PTO will be paid at the regular rate of $24 / hr
Schedule : Sun, Mon, Thurs and Fri 3p-11p
1. Attend to the daily needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
2. Teach socialization skills and activities of daily living including : household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-
consumer skills; and utilization of community resources.
3. Provide clinical oversight to agency programs regarding DPH Medication Administration.
4. Work with community physicians and program staff to formulate and implement effective medical treatment plans.
5. Ensure safe and proper storage of medications and ensure medications are administered as prescribed.
6. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation.
7. Advise program manager and staff of any medical problems that may hinder an individual’s progress or that may be aggravated by activities at the program.
8. Consult with staff on methods of medical treatment and care.
9. Review medical records and physician orders to ensure program compliance, updating information as needed.
10. Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
11. Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
12. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
13. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager or designee.
14. Perform duties to reflect agency policies and procedures.
15. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal / standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
16. If needed, provide 24hr on-call support on a rotating basis.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)