As an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technician you will have a versatile job in a domestic environment. You participate all the way – in daily maintenance, system stabilization, and system add-on – For high-speed loop sortation systems.
As an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technician you will furthermore be involved in the following tasks:
· Work with team of maintenance staff on-site
· Daily maintenance of high speed loop sorters, and conveyors
· Implementation and testing of small onsite projects
· Daily management of customer support tasks
· Communication with overseas support centre
· Optimization of logistics systems
· Optimization of electrical and mechanical interfaces to other parts of the system
· Meticulous planning of customer support tasks
· Manage onsite spare parts stock.
· Be willing to carry out both mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks.
· Be motivated and able to work alone and in team.
· Good electrical understanding of the sorter
· Good mechanical understanding
You must be willing and prepared to travel 30 days per year (on average).
We expect you to have a relevant qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering. It is important that you have good mechanical and electrical insight and understanding. Solid experience in the processes of design, configuration and installation of extensive conveyor systems is an advantage. Good understanding and experience with Siemens PLC, and Step 7 would be an advantage, as would experience with High Speed Loop sortation systems.
As a person you are dedicated and open-minded, highly self-motivated. You thrive with many different tasks at the same time, feel ownership and manage to keep focussed on details and results. You have good communication skills and impact. You communicate effortlessly in English and maybe another foreign language.
You have Australian Electrical certification.
Australian citizenship, permanent residents or work visa is required.