- Adherence to the Safety Management System and work closely with HSE Specialist
- Maintain safe operations at all times
- Participate in the Project Risk Assessment and Job Safety Planning
- Ensure all crew, including contractor, staff; comply with the Safety Management System and Job Safety Plan.
- Evaluate work methods used, assess working conditions and observe the actions of people and correct unsuitable behaviour.
- Provide leadership in hazard identification, risk assessment and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Encourage the reporting of incidents and accidents and participate in investigations.
- Ensure appropriate emergency response procedures are established and kept current and disseminated to all crew.
- Ensure that correct HSE records are kept and documentation is properly controlled.
- Assist with project audits and inspections in providing HSE records and documentation.
- Assist with implementation of corrective actions and the review of their effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in the reporting of hazards, incidents and accidents and in the investigation of unplanned events to determine root causes and appropriate corrective actions.
- Recommend improvements to existing procedures based on experience in the field
- Recommend improvements to existing work methods
- Consult with team members in HSE decision-making
- Ensure the continued operation and serviceability of the airborne Geophysical equipment whilst in field, as per standard operating procedures
- First-line data QC on data collected whilst flying
- Ensure the calibration of Geophysical equipment before the commencement of a project in accordance with the project specifications
- Fault finding and repairs to Geophysical equipment that may be required with the assistance from the office
- In-field data management, upload or providing the data to the date processing department
- Provide training to new E-Tech’s when needed
- Assist with repairs and logistics at the office when not on field duty or on time off in Lieu
- Daily reporting to the office on Geophysical equipment status
- Manage installed Geophysical equipment and spares for continued serviceability, security. The E-Technician remains responsible and accountable for Geophysical equipment in the field.
- Stock take of equipment when requested.
- Brief relevant staff assigned to the project and ensures appropriate crew handovers take place
- Supervise the daily field activities of the project to achieve the highest rate of production and project efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensure the daily field activities comply with the project specifications and contract
- Ensure non-conformance with specifications, problems with logistic and operations or problems
- Coordinate mobilisation and demobilization of the equipment and personnel as required in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist crew members where required
- Conduct weekly meetings with the crew and report on time weekly production reports, safety meetings and expense reports/requests.
- Recommend improvements to existing procedures based on experience in the field and report in accordance with the Business Management System
- Recommend improvements to existing work methods and report in accordance with the Business Management System
- Responsible for project related crew expenses and reports
- Maintain Field Project File
- Provide documented debrief at end of job
- In addition to the duties specified above and such other duties as may be agreed by mutual consent, the Employer is entitled to request the Employee to perform such other duties as are within the Employee’s skill, competence or training and are reasonably requested in order to meet the requirements of the position.
- Electronics Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Technical understanding of electronics or instrumentation or IT
- Interest in airborne Geophysical survey
- Strong general technical understanding
- Willing to stay in the field for 6 weeks
- Able to work well within a team of different professions
- Competency in the following software packages: Word, Excel, Windows, Linux
- Mechanical understanding
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you