Your New Role
Your primary responsibility is the management of the program website portal. This website is used by defence customers to provide information about the system and to request services from operational teams. The portal provides a key interface for our users and stakeholders to access information and request services in relation to the Mission System. The website portal will also provide a mechanism to conduct and collate feedback and surveys.
The website platform is generally based on the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React, Node.js), however SQL Server is used instead of MongoDB.
General duties will include.
- Able to inspect elements that make up the website to best utilise the platform
- High level understanding and management of website architecture and interfaces to other systems such as Jira
- High level understanding and management of website system administration. Enabling the support and maintenance of Website in both development and production environments
- Understand website design and architecture principles to manage the website holistically
- Understanding simple user interface characteristics including HTML and Java Script development and maintenance of website elements
- Oversee and assist with the coordination of changes and releases that will be performed by technical teams in accordance with policies and procedures. This may include platform system updates, enhancements and patches.
- Application of UX principles to optimise and improve the website experience including style layout and usability
- Release and maintenance of website portal content from different sources and content providers
- Maintain auditable approval and publishing of website content workflow according to predefined policies and procedures.
About You and What You'll Bring
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a pro-active approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve the company’s objectives. You will also have:
- Experience curating website content from different sources both manually and via automated workflow approval mechanisms
- The ability to consult with stakeholders on the website experience, the content and the overall capabilities of the website platform. Actively working to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Understanding of the MERN platform and concepts
- Genuine interest in website technology and motivation to improve website usability and user experience.
- Experience using a similar MERN based platform to deliver a critical website service
- Worked in the start-up of a new team in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Demonstrated experience with relevant website platforms and practices such as UX.
What You'll Love
The program this role sits in is one-of-a-kind in Australia and extremely exciting. A wonderful opportunity to get involved with a critical and highly beneficial piece of work for your country.
Our business is growing and evolving, so it’s an exciting place to be. We’re focused on outcomes so we support flexible work practices. There are also a range of benefits including 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more.