Hurlstone Agricultural High School has an enrolment of 985 students, including 3 Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander students and 481 English as an additional language or dialect language students.
Hurlstone Agricultural High School is the only NSW Government fully selective, coeducational, agricultural, boarding high school.
It is located in Glenfield, 36 km south west of the Sydney central business district.
The school nurtures the whole child in an inclusive environment where high potential and gifted learners are known, valued and cared for.
Student voice is active and dynamic. Students give back to the community in numerous ways including extensive CAPA, Sports and Agricultural Programs, SRC, Interact, Student Union, Enviro Club, debating, mentoring and other leadership development programs highlighted by an exceptional prefect body.
The school is strongly supported by an engaged and active Parents and Citizens' Association, Boarder Parent Welfare and alumni network.
Our staff provide a dynamic, creative, innovative, collaborative and differentiated curriculum and fosters connected partnerships to maximise student engagement.
For more information about the school, please visit :
1. Approval to teach English 7 - 12 and willingness to teach English Extension.
2. Demonstrated Capacity to work collaboratively in a high-functioning faculty on developing and implementing innovative teaching and learning programs which cater to the needs to High Potential and Gifted Education students.
3. Demonstrated capacity to use technology and online platforms to design and deliver meaningful English lessons both in the classroom and in a flipped classroom context.
4. Deep understanding of pedagogy that is underpinned by educational ideology such as the Quality Teaching Framework and What Works Best research.
5. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, evidenced by active engagement in whole school programs and co-curricular activities.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.