William Stimson Public School is located in South Western Sydney in the Cowpasture Principal Network. The school has approximately 530 students, including a 7 class Support Unit, catering for students with severe physical, intellectual, multi-categorical disabilities including autism.
86% of students come from diverse language and cultural backgrounds other than English.
Collaborative and consultative leadership drive the school's strategic directions and school plan. The school has a strong focus on developing consistent, high quality educational, evidence-informed practices to ensure students are at the centre of all learning opportunities.
Teaching teams are structured to collaboratively develop learning intentions, success criteria and provide effective feedback to customise learning and improve student outcomes.
William Stimson PS prides itself in offering a wide range of extra curricula activities for students to enhance their skills in areas of personal interest.
The school is committed to strengthening inclusivity, values positive community relationships and has an active and supportive Parents and Citizens' Association.
The school is highly regarded in the broader community and staff and parents have high expectations for student wellbeing, engagement and achievement.
For further information please visit the school’s website :
Approval to teach. In addition to the general selection criteria,
General Selection Criteria
1. High level educational leadership with the skills to leadand manage a complex public school focused on the delivery of high qualityeducation
2. Ability to lead and manage rigorous and inclusive wholeschool teaching and learning programs
3. High level communication and interpersonal skills with thecapacity to build positive relationships and engage all levels of the schooland educational community
4. Ability to lead and manage the development and performanceof staff to improve teaching and learning
5. Ability to plan systems and manage resources effectivelyand equitably to enhance teaching and learning
6. Capacity to lead staff inimplementing the Department's Aboriginal education policies and to ensurequality outcomes for Aboriginal people
If you have not held a substantive principal position in a NSW PublicSchool at any time in the past five (5) years, you need to have completed theNSW Public School Leadership and Management Credential to be eligible to apply,and you will need to attach a copy of your provisional credential certificateor final credential certificate as part of your application.
An unconditional full approval to teach is arequirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSWDepartment of Education, you are required to commence the at the same time as youapply for this teaching opportunity.