We are on an exciting journey to be the best online marketplace for higher education. As part of this we have an exciting engineering strategy to transform our underlying architecture. We have an opportunity for an Engineering Lead to join one of our cross functional teams to help us continue improving the experiences of our students and university partners, and help inform and execute our engineering strategy.
As an Engineering Lead, you will be provide technical leadership to one of our cross functional teams and you will be responsible for co-designing, implementing and maintaining OUA's web based systems in a collaborative team environment. You will collaborate with Product Managers to understand requirements and develop solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will liaise with the Chief Engineer and other Engineering Leads to ensure that solutions are in line with OUA's technical vision.
You will provide leadership, guidance and patterns in the implementation of solutions using a variety of programming languages, databases and cloud technologies. You will champion technical practices to ensure high quality outcome for our business.
As an Engineering Lead your accountabilities will include:
- Provide technical thought leadership – Draw on your broad experience to seed new thinking into our teams, challenging the norm and establish best practice.
- Facilitation of technical decision making – Guiding teams and individuals toward making decisions that is aligned with OUA’s technical vision and principles.
- Coaching and mentorship – Supporting other engineering team members to develop their skills by modelling behaviour, giving feedback, sharing knowledge and regular one on ones
- Leading people – Lead the team that you are in, the individuals that reports into you and by being a member of the Engineering Trade leadership.
- Active contributor – Be involved in the day to day work – write code, review PRs, technical analysis, etc.
- Contribute to the overall technical vision – Help with setting, rolling out and aligning to the OUA technical vision.
- Support early stage discovery – Engage in the discovery, analysis, design and breakdown of early stage initiatives.
- Capable of coaching and leading a development team and software developers in all aspects of agile software development.
- Experience in web architecture patterns and conventions, for example micro services, API design, contract testing, containerisation, test automation and serverless architecture.
- Experience in modern software development techniques such as test driven development, refactoring, deployment automation, DevOps and CI/CD.
Experience with cloud computing services (AWS) and associated technologies
- Experience working with Sitecore or Salesforce is a bonus.
You will part of a cross functional product development team that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining OUA’s web based systems in a collaborative team environment. You will collaborate with members of your product development team to understand requirements and develop solutions that meet the needs of customers. You will liaise with the Engineering Leads to ensure that solutions are in line with OUA’s technical vision.