Wooglemai Environmental Education Centre is located near the township of Oakdale. The school is set on 16ha site in a remote setting adjoining Nattai National Park.
The school has no permanent student enrolments but delivers a diverse range of sustainability, science and outdoor education teaching programs for students in kindergarten to year 12.
Wooglemai Environmental Education Centre staff deliver programs to approximately 7000 students each year through day visits, camps and incursions.
Wooglemai is a residential Environmental Education Centre with visiting groups staying on site for up to 5 days. The face to face hours that Wooglemai teaching staff work is variable to accommodate the needs of groups in residence.
Staff often work from 7 : 30am until 6 : 00pm on days that camps are running, some overnight camps are also involved. Staff program, deliver and evaluate quality experiential sustainability and outdoor programs in a range of outdoor and indoor environments located at the Centre, within the National Park and at other schools.
For more information on our school, please visit
1. Demonstrated exemplary teaching practice, with approval to teach infants and primary (K-6) and / or Biology and / or Earth and Environmental Science and / or Geography.
2. Proven ability and experience in leading projects and developing and delivering engaging and innovative syllabus based environmental and sustainability education programs K-12, with an ability to work collaboratively with teachers, schools and other partners to improve the quality of student learning outcomes
3. High level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or cooperatively as part of a team.
4. Successful experience in non-classroom settings, teaching students from a variety of backgrounds and abilities, and demonstrated capacity to develop and deliver authentic outdoor learning, including fieldwork and recreational activities.
5. Capacity to integrate technology into teaching practices and programs to maximise student engagement to enhance learning outcomes.
6. Capacity to implement the Departments Aboriginal education policies and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.