Education SupportOfficer (Targeted)
Classification : ESO
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It isAustralia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark forquality service.
As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government'spriority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow.
Critically, TAFENSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regionalNSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
TAFE NSW offers the best of campus-based delivery as well as flexible,online and work-based learning. The TAFE NSW values of Customer First,Collaboration, Integrity and Excellence guide our team in strengtheningcommunities, delivering world-class training for our students and producing jobready graduates for employers.
The operating environment for TAFE NSW isdynamic as we leverage our scale, expertise, passion and reputation to meet therapidly changing VET landscape.
TAFE NSW is committed to its students and customers and the role itplays in changing lives and opening up opportunities through learning.
Your application for this role must include :
Two (2)referees with email addresses.
Claim forthe position addressing the following selection criteria.
Resume,including evidence that you meet the specific requirements of the position youare applying for.
Click here for :
Note : Thisposition is targeted for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people underGovernment Sector Employment Rule 26.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanderpeople are strongly encouraged to apply. Non-Aboriginal people are alsoencouraged to apply.
Aboriginal applicants selected for an interview will berequired to provide Confirmation of Aboriginality documentation at interview.
Placement on a suitability list does notconstitute an offer of employment, nor does it guarantee that an offer of employmentwill be made.
The creation of a suitability list is to access suitableapplicants for any short term, temporary or casual work that may arise.
Suitabilitylists are maintained to ensure that there are sufficient lists of qualifiedapplicants that can be engaged when required to meet current and anticipatedbusiness needs.
This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is aprerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminalhistory check and review of findings of workplace misconduct.
More informationon the Working With Children Check (WWCC) can be found at .
For more information please contact Cindy Burke on (08)8082 6857 or
ClosingDate : Sunday 20 September 2020 at 11 : 59pm
Be Bold. BeAmbitious. Make your next move the right one.
An Education Support Officer is supervised by a Teacher-in-Charge, or Head Teacher and works under the direction of a Teacher as appropriate.
The role of the Education Support Officer involves a range of activities which directly and indirectly support learning and enhance the educative process.
These include the following functions performed under the supervision or guidance of a Head Teacher or Teacher :
1. Provide support to students to carry out tasks and understand their learning materials and concepts
2. Work in conjunction with Teachers and other roles as part of a delivery team
3. Provide tutoring support to clients in a range of locations and modes to maintain engagement with the learning program and to build skill and competence as advised by a Teacher
4. Implement the tutoring strategy that has been developed by the Teacher and follow up students to encourage ongoing engagement and motivate and encourage the students to complete their tasks and activities
5. Support Teachers and Head Teachers in meeting ASQA compliance functions including documentation
6. Supplement the teaching activities by providing follow-up instruction as provided by the teacher and opportunities to practice skills
7. Provide tutoring support and feedback by face-to-face contact, email, online or by other mode using a range of media options.
8. Provide support to the department and attend meetings as required
9. Carry out administrative functions as required to support the teaching section
Note : This role does not teach or prepare lessons or resources and does not deliver training nor undertake assessment
Key Application Responses
1. Appropriate subject knowledge, skills and vocational qualifications (Certificate III or above) and a commitment to maintain technical currency in at least 1 of the below areas :
2. Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorized under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977).
3. Ability to understand the content of the learning materials and the processes used in the discipline.
4. High-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be proactive and show initiative and ability to explain ideas in a clear and concise manner
5. Commitment and ability to support learning in an adult environment and a demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage students
6. Ability to establish effective working relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and to provide quality customer service as part of a broader team
7. Skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies
8. Commitment and capacity to implement Equal Employment opportunity (EEO), Ethical Practice, Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements, Work Health and Safety (WH&S) as they relate to the position.